bpython is a fancy interface to the Python interpreter for Linux, BSD, OS X and Windows (with some work). bpython is released under the MIT License. It has the following (special) features:
- In-line syntax highlighting
- Readline-like autocomplete with suggestions displayed as you type.
- Expected parameter list for any Python function.
- "Rewind" function to pop the last line of code from memory and re-evaluate.
- Send the code you've entered off to a pastebin.
- Save the code you've entered to a file.
- Python 3 support.
A special thanks to Hacker School who decided to devote a team of young developers to work on bpython as part of their training programme. They're based in New York City and have a great attitude towards the development of both male and female programmers - take a look.